Friday, March 22, 2013

Rock Painting

Sometimes I just get a wild hair and want to paint something. Not like a canvas or something "normal". More like something off-the-wall or unusual or something from nature.

Here are a couple of rocks I painted that were intended to be doorstops, but I don't know what their jobs are since they were gifted.


Sweetie told me they look aboriginal. For some reason that made me feel good. :)  I like the high contrast of black and white. Like black and white photos. Sister shoots hauntingly beautiful black and white photos that make me want to step into them and sit awhile. I don't have that talent. But I like to paint.  I like primitive. I like simple. I like art from nature. I should, like, paint more rocks.

3 comments:

  1. Kind words of your sister but she probably doesn't have your talent for painting, knitting, and general crafting.

    These are darn cute. I like them also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painted 'things'. I love the whimsy of your creations and the primitive look. It is easy to recognize your work because of your unique style. Pretty sure that makes you an ARTIST.

    ReplyDelete