Thursday, March 14, 2013

Needle Books

I like to do little handcrafts when sitting watching TV or just resting. It's something tangible I can point to so I don't feel so guilty about sitting on my butt. Sometimes they make good gifts. Sometimes I just enjoy having pretty things around me that are embellished by needlework.

Here are a couple of felt needle books I've made:





That last one is mine. I made it so I'd have something to do while waiting for Sweetie to come out of surgery. I like bright. I like primitive. I like that I got all my needles from bits of paper or fabric, pincushions, tops of thread spools - you wouldn't believe all the places I stuck these suckers - into one place. I also like that it's one of the first things I see when I open my Mama's old sewing box (now mine).


:) Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment