Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Garden Whimsy

I've never done anything with the garden entry. When we took the gate out, the entry area looked a little shaggy to me. I started thinking about what to do to tame it.



First, the garden weed mat had to be pulled back because water sits there. So Hubby did that for me and I set to filling in some spaces, digging out others - even outside the chicken fence - and generally making a better gazoutta for water.

Then I weeded, and then I weeded some more. I've used that old, dead shopvac case as my rolling weed holder for several years. It's served me well. It's a much better rolling garbage can that it ever was as a shopvac!

I added a couple of bricks and some stepping stones we've made with leftover cement, a few succulents on the edges and - viola! - garden entry tamed.


It looks a little like a face to me. I have some oregano in the garden and I think I'm gonna take some plugs of that and add a beard and maybe a unibrow.

I was still feeling a little whimsical and creative, so I planted a faerie garden in a stainless tray. Of course, after I finished it, I found an aluminum dishpan with holes in it that would've served much better, so I'll be moving the planting to it at some point in the near future.



I checked out my jar of found yard toys to add some elements to my faerie garden, but I didn't think quadriplegic GI Joes or the three-legged horse or Matchbox car parts did much for it, so I left the garden as is.

Altogether a nice day putzing around. Today, the dentist, then burning slash at the spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment