Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Loving Where I Live

It was raining during Youngest Son's call last night. He and Hubby started in comparing weather in our respective towns. Hubby bragged about our sunny days last week. Youngest son said his temps had hit 82 degrees. Well. Hmmm. We can't beat that. For a minute I was jealous. Then I remembered where I get to live.



Where trees are so big, I can walk through them. And they dwarf the truck.


Where everything stays green all year.


Where you might have to get some altitude to get out of the fog.

I was looking at US drought map last night. It shows my beloved Northern California coast in yellow. Drought developing. When I think back about 10 years I remember lots more rain than we get now. When it wasn't raining, it was foggy. Ok, not foggy all the time - only until noon, when it would clear up for a few hours. Just in time for the fog to roll back in at 4:00. When I say "roll" I mean it! You could (and still can, just not as often) watch it come at you like a carpet unfurling. 

Well, it's still raining. It rained all night. And the most important consideration when buying a car in this area is still the "intermittent" wipers. Keep it comin' Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment