Monday, February 18, 2013

Blue Skies, White Laundry

Now that I have more time to actually do this in the middle of the week, I've been trying to be more diligent with line-drying laundry. Even though the towels get crunchy, it's worth that just-dried-off-with-a-cheese-grater feeling just to smell that green, sunshiney outside smell on my clothes in the middle of winter.  Not to mention the little money-saving aspect. AND that the sun helps whiten the whites. This last week was perfect for line-drying without the worry of a heavy fog coming in and dampin' up my unmentionables.



Just look at that blue sky! No fog here. There's nothing worse than funky, fog-damped socks. Or anything else, for that matter - but socks have got to be the worst.

I love my umbrella-style clothes pole. It's gotten a workout over the years and will be working even harder this year. BUT, something I'm really glad to have with this changeable coastal weather is the foldable accordion-style clothes rack I use in the house. This week it's supposed to rain every day. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of the indoor clothes rack. Stay dry, ya'll.

2 comments: