Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's Bloomin' Beautiful!

Just had to show you . . .

I'm surrounded by a flagrance of flowers, a bonanza of blooms, a profusion of petals, a . . . . do you want me to stop?





Judging by the blooms, we should have plenty of apples and blackberries, and some raspberries and blueberries too. We've never gotten much from the raspberry brambles or the stunted blueberry bushes, but we might at least get a few this year.

But it wasn't the edibles I was talking about when I mentioned the blooms! I took a walk around the property, and then the neighborhood and was struck by the sinful bounty of flowers. They're everywhere!


My single rhododendron


And my single azalea


The lilacs smell heavenly



My Mama gave me a dried seed pod of these oriental poppies. I crushed the pod onto the four-foot-wide strip of dirt that serves as my front yard about 25 years ago. The poppies popped and are still going strong.



magnolias down the street




The rhodies and azaleas in the neighborhood are by far the showiest of the lot. Spring. Couldn't beat it if you had TWO sticks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment